Thursday 1 December 2005

The End or The Beginning?

This is it. I got my redundancy letter on Tuesday and we are completely winding down the company. So I will be officially jobless in the new year.

Knowing this would happen last week, I started the process of setting up my own limited company to offer my services as freelance consultant. It should all be up and running within a week or so.

Then I had a few interesting talks with different people on Wednesday and it looks like I'm likely to be working on 3 different contract come mid-January. This is the good side of being freelance: I can do different things and not get bored. The icing on the cake is that between those 3 contracts, I am likely to end up visiting the US (Atlanta), Ireland and Malta.

In the meantime, and assuming everything pans out as expected, I'll have a nice Christmas holiday.

No comments: