Sunday 6 March 2005

First Phone Photo

Covent Garden Station, Piccadilly Line Platform

Covent Garden Station, Piccadilly Line Platform Posted by Hello

This is the first photo I took with my new phone. I took it on Friday night while waiting for a train on the Westbound Piccadilly line platform at Covent Garden station. It's not very sharp but I'm not sure whether the blur is due to the phone, the lack of light or the amount of alcohol I had drunk during the evening. Probably a combination of all three. On the other hand, considering they have to fit a camera lens in something with an area smaller that a 1 penny coin and a thickness of a few millimetres, it's not bad at all. The resulting picture is 640x480, which is quite small by today's standards but is equivalent to the best resolution my old Commodore Amiga 500 could do 10 years ago. And the Amiga could only display 16 colours at that resolution whereas the phone can do millions. Ah, the joys of technology!

No comments: